Attendance Policy Guidelines
- The school will make meaningful contact with the parent/guardian beginning at three unexcused and again at five-day unexcused absences from school. (U1 and U2 codes)
- Students are allowed 10 parent notes for the school year. (I5 and I6 code)
- Any parent note after the 10 parent note limit has been reached will be considered unexcused. (P1-P2 code)
- All excuses for the absences must be presented to the school immediately following the absence or no longer than 3 days after the absence.
- Students are permitted unlimited doctor's excuses throughout the school year. (I3 and I4 code)
- All missed work during an absence is the responsibility of the student.
- Students must follow school tardy and early release procedures.
- Students driver's permits or license will be revoked upon 15 unexcused absences, failure to maintain adequate grades/credits, or behavior issues.
- Revoked license will be reinstated following one semester after the revocation if the student has demonstrated good attendance, behavior, and grades/credits. A $50 fine must be paid to DMV in Charleston, WV.